We all have off days. Days where your Monkey mind will not shut off. It’s on a continuous loop.
Have you ever been in Yoga class, trying to quiet your mind, but all you can focus on is your grumbling stomach?!
I recently did a class and was not feeling the flow that was happening, so my Monkey mind turned outwards and here is where it took me.
- Wow my polish on my toes are chipped. When did that happen? I just painted them!
- This music is NOT working for me. Can someone please turn it off?
- I love her pants! I must know where she got them.
- My teacher’s voice is soothing.
- I can’t hear my teacher’s voice and I have no idea what is happening right now
- You want me to what? My body does not bend like that!
- Oh wait! Yes it does!
- Ok, now I’m completely lost and am just going to follow….her! Yes the girl in the front making this flow look so easy.
- Wow! I’m hungry…can I eat yet? What am I going to eat for lunch? Oh right! Lunch is provided today. I hope they have something that I can eat.
- Finally! Savasana! My favourite pose of them all.
- Is someone snoring?!
- Yup! My fellow Yogi beside me is past out 🙂
- Namaste….now feed me!
It does not matter how long you have been practicing. Whether you are a teacher, guru or newbie. We all, at some point, can and will experience the Monkey mind taking over. We are, in the end, Human.
Have you experienced this? What are some of the funny things your Monkey mind says to you?